The Black Hills Cares energy assistance program provides funds to help people with their energy bills or emergency energy-related expenses. We match customer and employee contributions, dollar-for-dollar.
- You can contribute by marking the checkbox on your payment stub with the amount you would like to donate.
- You can make a one-time contribution by sending funds designated to Black Hills Cares with your monthly bill payment. Just fill in your donation amount in the available field on your payment stub.
- Black Hills Cares funds go directly to local assistance agencies in your area.
- Assistance agencies determine individual customer eligibility and distribute funds.
- Since 2001, the Black Hills Cares program has provided more than $2 million in customer, employee and company funds to assist those who need help with their energy bills.