We’re committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable energy in a manner that protects the environment and the interests of our stakeholders.
We implemented this environmental statement according to our code of ethics and our integrated environmental management plan. Implementing this policy includes the following:
- We are committed to complying with environmental standards, to providing the resources required to meet this goal and to foster a culture of environmental stewardship.
- We operate in a manner that ensures we meet or surpass applicable environmental rules and regulations. We monitor our operations to cost-effectively meet requirements and minimize risk and liability.
- We train operations employees to understand environmental compliance requirements related to their job duties.
- We provide regular reports to Senior Management and our Board of Directors regarding the status of our environmental compliance, issues and initiatives.
- We participate in the development of new technologies that support our environmental efforts and provide stakeholder value.
- We work with policy makers to ensure that they have access to the best technical, scientific and economic information to develop public policy that protects the environment as well as our customers’ and shareholders’ interests.
- We work closely with state and federal agencies to comply with environmental laws, regulations and standards.
We believe responsible energy development requires a commitment to environmental stewardship as well as consideration of customer impacts, shareholder interests and responsible natural resource development. We employ the proper environmental technologies to reliably, responsibly and cost-effectively meet our customers’ energy needs.