FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — December 28, 2017 — Black Hills Energy safely restored natural gas service to the community of Mountain View, Arkansas, shortly after 6:00 p.m. Wednesday after a temporary service interruption occurred earlier that morning.
Crews from Mountain View and the surrounding area worked around the clock, going door to door to relight pilot lights. At locations where no one was home or the business was closed, employees left a tag on the front door, notifying the customer that the natural gas has been shut off and to call the company to have it turned back on.
It is extremely important that customers do not attempt to re-light their own pilot lights on their furnaces or water heaters. The company asks customers whose service was interrupted to call 888-890-5554 right away.
An equipment malfunction temporarily interrupted service to approximately 355 natural gas customers. Technicians went door to door to turn off the affected gas meters in the town. After making repairs and re-pressurizing the lines, service was restored to the community.
Because of extreme temperatures, Mountain View residents are encouraged to contact their neighbors who may be out of town. Please ask them to call Black Hills customer service at 888-890-5554 so the company can check their home or building to make sure they have service so water pipes don’t freeze.
Customers can call 888-890-5554 if they experience any natural gas service issues.
If any customer smells natural gas, they should leave their home immediately and call 911 and then Black Hills Energy’s emergency service line from a neighbor’s home or from a cell phone at 800-694-8989. Don’t use the phone in the house where you smelled gas or turn off any lights as you leave. If there is gas in the house, a spark of any kind could ignite it and cause serious property and personal injuries.