Service Mast Maintenance
As the homeowner, you’re responsible for maintaining your home’s service mast. A mast is on the outside of your roof or at your meter and looks like a metal tube or pipe. It feeds power to your home from the overhead lines.
To make sure power is flowing to your home, look at the mast but don’t touch it because it’s energized. If the mast looks loose, bent or damaged, you’ll need to contact a licensed electrician to fix it. The mast will need to be repaired before we can safely restore power to your house.
Steps to repair a service mast
- Call a certified electrician to schedule repair.
- Electrician will call Black Hills Energy to turn off service to your home.
- The electrician will repair the meter can or service mast.
- The electrician will call an inspector to inspect the repair.
- The Inspector or electrician will call Black Hills to restore service to your home.