We remind customers not to give out account information, social security number, credit card numbers or bank account information to anyone during an unsolicited phone call or an unannounced visit. If you have any questions please contact our customer service center directly at 888-890-5554.
Here are some more tips to protect yourself from fraud:
- Don’t give in to a high-pressure call seeking personal information. If someone calls claiming to represent Black Hills Energy and they demand immediate payment or personal information, hang up and call the customer service number on your utility bill.
- Call us using the number on your bill or www.blackhillsenergy.com to verify the status of your account or whether an employee was dispatched to your location.
- Payment options and account access also are available.
- Do not provide your Social Security number, credit card numbers or bank account information to anyone during an unsolicited phone call or an unannounced visit.
- If you do not have a scheduled appointment or known concern, or question the identity of someone claiming to represent the company, do not let them enter your property.