TV, media and other electronics
- Power down electronics. The best thing you can do to reduce your electronics energy use is it to turn off equipment when you're not using them.
- Use power-saving mode. Activate power-saving features on your computers and office equipment so they'll shut down when you're not using them.
- Turn off standby mode, or use products that have low standby power use.
- Use power strips. For multiple devices, use power strips, and turn off power strip when not in use.
- Use Energy Star electronics.
- Turn down brightness on monitors and TV's.
For more information about appliance and equipment efficiency and commercial equipment standards, go to the U.S. Department of Energy website.