Electric vehicle charging rebate
At Black Hills Energy, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our Ready EV program! As part of Ready EV, we’re now offering electric vehicle charging rebates for your home or business. For residential chargers, a $500 rebate is available. On the commercial side, your business can receive a rebate up to $2,000 per port for Level 2 chargers.
Finding public charging
It’s easy to find a public charger, download the PlugShare app and it tells you where the nearest DC fast or Level 2 charging station is to your location.
Rebate for your home
A majority of electric vehicle drivers prefer the convenience of charging their car at home. This $500 electric vehicle charging rebate will help reduce your home charging and installation costs.
You must be located in the Black Hills Energy electric service territory, current on your payments, agree to install a Black Hills Energy approved smart charger, and agree to the rebate terms and conditions.
Rebate for your business
Electric vehicles are becoming more popular and businesses may soon be asked by employees or customers where they can charge. We offer three types of rebates for your organization to best suit your needs.
|Business||Level 2 charger and installation up to $2,000 per port|
|Government and nonprofit||Level 2 charger and installation up to $3,000 per port|
Contact your Black Hills Energy electric vehicle charging expert for additional questions.
Business benefits of installing charging
- Electric vehicle charging establishes your business as a leader in sustainability and innovation.
- It is a customer incentive that can increase visitors, and an employee incentive to enhance recruitment efforts.
- We're your electric vehicle charging resource and offer a rebate on your charging installation to lower your costs.
- We guide you through the charging installation process.
- A residential rebate is available for employees to install charging at home.
- For business customers who participate in the program, we will offer renewable energy credits to further showcase your sustainability efforts.
5 Steps to a Successful Installation
- Decide who will use your chargers - employees, customers and/or public - and consider where you might like them installed.
- See your smart charger options, and contact us to set up a call to assess your charging needs.
- Meet Black Hills Energy for a site walk to determine your installation location and contact a qualified electrician for installation.
- Mail or email the following to Black Hills Energy c/o Electric Vehicle Charging Rebate at P.O. Box 1400, Rapid City, SD 57709
- Signed copy of the Charger Rebate Terms and Conditions
- Qualified charger purchase receipt
- Qualified electrician installation receipt
- Rebate is mailed within 60 days of Black Hills Energy receiving your paperwork.
There are three levels of charging speeds:
Level 1 chargers come with every EV and plug into a standard 120-volt wall outlet. They provide 4 miles of range per hour, or 32 miles of range overnight. This pace can serve those who do not require faster refueling.
Level 2 chargers are common because they support charge rates of roughly 25 miles of range per hour. They require the installation of a 240-volt outlet by a qualified electrician and provide flexibility due to their faster charging speed.
DC fast chargers are most often located along well-traveled public thruways and can provide up to 80% of a vehicle’s charging need in 30 minutes.