The documents and information provided are required by the Interconnection Rules of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission at 4 CCR 723-3-3850 et seq., as may be amended from time to time, and in part, the provisions of Colorado Senate Bill 21-261.
- Black Hills Energy Interconnection Manual (PDF)
- Black Hills Energy Interconnection Tariff (PDF)
- Black Hills Energy Interconnection Report Jan. 26, 2022
Informal Pre-Application request
For more information, please contact Black Hills Energy’s Colorado Renewable Energy Department at email@example.com or by phone at 719-546-6463.
Formal Pre-Application requests
Please complete the below application and submit to Black Hills Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your application, you will be invoiced for the Pre-Application fee of $250.
New fees for Interconnection Service, including Meter Collar Adapters, effective January 18, 2022
|Application description||Fee amount|
You may contact Black Hills Energy at BHESolar@blackhillscorp.com with questions or call 888-890-5554.
- Solar developer submits application via the online application portal.
- Black Hills Energy begins review of submitted appliaction. Approval or denial of interconnection application is based on suppplemental documentation review and expected energy consumption.
- Are meter collar capacity limits exceeded? Does the meter collar adapter meet all interconnection manual specifications?
- Engineering team begins level two review process. This review is only necessary for projects over 25 kW. Approval or denial of interconnection application is based on review completion.
- Solar developer receives interconnection documents and begins project construction.
- Upon project completion, the solar developer submits final documentation for review via the application portal.
- Black Hills Energy reviews submitted final documentation and requests meter exchange.
- Meter Department completes meter exchange and conducts system test.
- Solar system is online and operational.