Residential customers can receive a rebate of $500 per port on the purchase and installation of Level 2 EV chargers. This rebate will cover about 50 percent of the cost of the EV charger purchase and installation.
Income-qualified residential customers can receive a rebate of up to $1,300 per port on the purchase and installation of Level 2 vehicle chargers. This will cover about 100 percent of the cost for purchase and installation. Contact us for more information about eligibility requirements.
In accepting a rebate, you are enrolled in the Residential Time-of-Day (RS-EV).
What is a Level 2 charger?
A residential Level 2 charger offers charging through 240-volt electrical service. Most homes have 240-volt service available, and because Level 2 equipment can charge a typical EV battery overnight, EV owners commonly install it for home charging. A Level 2 charger typically generates 25 miles of electric range per 1 hour of charging.
Terms and conditions
To receive a Ready EV residential charger rebate, customers must meet the following requirements:
- • Drive an electric vehicle (all electric or plug-in hybrid)
• Be a current electric customer of Black Hills Energy
• Purchase an eligible/approved EV charger
• Have charger installed by a licensed electrician at a location that receives electric service from Black Hills Energy
• Agree to participate in our Time-of-Day rate schedule
• Agree to all terms and conditions outlined on the Electric Vehicle Charging Rebate Application form for Colorado.
Complete and submit the applicable rebate form to Black Hills Energy, including all receipts for proof of purchase and installation at:
Black Hills Energy
c/o Electric Vehicle
P.O. Box 1400
Rapid City, SD 57709
For all customers (residential, business/multi-family and government/non-profit), under the program rules, the Ready EV rebates cannot exceed the actual installation and equipment cost. There is no limit to the number of ports for which customers may receive a rebate.