Nebraska payment assistance
We know some of our customers faced financial hardships due to COVID-19. We’re thankful we were able to show our support during this time.
If you’re struggling to pay your bill, we've provided resources below. You can also call our customer support team at 888-890-5554 or contact us online to discuss our support options that may be available for you.
- Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program
- Lancaster County | Rental Assistance | Lancaster County, NE
- Omaha | http://macchconnect.org/
- Douglas County | copeinfo.org/rent-assist
- Greater Nebraska | coronavirus.nebraska.gov/Home
- Lincoln, Nebraska Housing and utility assistance
- The updated and streamlined process includes an online application form for tenants and landlords and a “one-call” dedicated number at 402-413-2085 for assistance. More information and the application forms are available at both lincoln.ne.gov/rent and the Resident Resource page at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov.
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Community Action Partnership | 402-471-4515
- The Salvation Army FBO Heatshare
- SENCA - Humboldt NE- Pam Armknecht
- HopeSpoke | 402-475-7666 | email
Black Hills Cares helps eligible customers in need pay their Black Hills Energy bills or emergency energy-related expenses. The program uses voluntary donations from our customers and employees.
211 is a nationwide service that connects millions of people to help each year. They provide a local source of social services available to help with utility bill payment assistance, housing options, food and nutrition programs, support groups, and much more.
LIHEAP is a federally funded program that keeps families safe and healthy by helping with energy costs. Learn how and where to apply for energy assistance here.
This rental assistance program makes funds available to assist eligible renter households that are unable to pay past due and/or future rent and utilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to income qualifications. Nebraskans residing in Lancaster County, Douglas County, City of Lincoln, and City of Omaha will not be eligible. More information ...
We understand that a variety of circumstances can lead to a late payment, and we’re here to help you get back on track by offering payment arrangements.
Budget Billing is a free, stable payment plan. It gives you more predictable bills by averaging the amount you pay each month
This program is available to residential customers whose utility service is medically essential, as certified by a licensed physician, to avoid death or serious medical complications requiring immediate hospitalization.